- Road Trip 70 million road trips around the world With the smart grid's yearly energy savings, you could drive an electric car 1.7 trillion miles, which would take you around the world several million times and would likely void the warranty.
- The Fridge 199 million years of refrigerator use The total energy saved by the smart grid in just 12 months could run your fridge through several Ice Ages.
- Stay Frosty 378 million cool, comfy homes The yearly energy the smart grid saves could air-condition 378,000,000 homes. Or about 2 million of those 102,000-square-foot neighborhood superstores.
- The Meter $585 per household A recent study estimated that modernizing today's grid could mean nearly $600 in direct bill savings for the average household each year.
- JFK to Paris 7.6 million round-trip flights The $42 billion in annual smart grid energy savings could buy you several lifetimes' worth of air travel from JFK airport to Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. Those aren't economy-class seats, either.
- Solar Power Secures America’s energy independence In five years, solar power has generated enough clean energy to power 1.2 million households. Smart grid makes renewable power feasible.
- Vegas Baby! 423 billion kilowatt-hours per year The energy saved by the smart grid is enough to power Las Vegas. 207 times over.
For the love of music: Summer festivals remind us of the smart grid need
Grilling out: The smart grid way
Solving the mystery of the smart grid
Happy Birthday, Earth Day!
New season, more savings and renewable feasibility
The televised blackout: A reminder of the need for grid modernization
Live smarter in the New Year
Light up the season with smart grid
Putting out the fire: the smart grid facts
How the smart grid underpins community resilience
College move-in days and the smart grid
If the electricity grid goes out
4 ways the smart grid benefits you
Wildfire reminds us of the criticality of our electric system
SGCC Smart Grid on Twitter
LOOK: Check out our new Next Innovation Infographic on the #smartgrid >>>> http://t.co/M3W9qzTyVr
Anthony talks about how his Smart Meter helps him make intelligent decisions
Bill shows how Smart Meters are a step in the direction to energy independence
Ian and Sandra talk about how Smart Meters help them with their large family
Ken talks about how his Smart Meter helps him monitor his energy usage
Ruth talks about her Smart Meter pilot program
Tiffany explains the benefits of Smart Meters to Frank
Dan's Smart Meter give him a bird's eye view of energy usage
Leigh's Smart Meter helps her save money year round
Smart Grid helps Patricia use energy more wisely
What kind of energy consumer are you?
- All States
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia